Families First Program
Strengthening Communities One Family at a Time
We will walk beside you and help you with:
- Finding a Meaningful Career
- Cash assistance to support your family
- Car repair assistance (up to $1200/year)
- Professional job search assistance
- Dental ($1200/year) and Vision ($400/year)
- Obtaining Valuable Training
- Child care assistance
- Transportation reimbursement (up to $30/mth)
- School and training enrollment assistance
- Help securing funding to assist with school
- $450 for obtaining full time job (30 hours or more per week) and maintaining full-time employment for 12 consecutive months.
- $500 for obtaining full time job (30 hours or more per week) and earned income(wage/hour increase) that results in closing the Families First case.
- * Incentives will only be paid after approval by the Department of Human Services.In order for a job to qualify, the employment start date must be after your Families First referral date. $500 incentive is a one-time payment for TANF lifetime.
- $300 for obtaining GED or High School Equivalency Diploma within 12 months of enrollment in Adult Ed Program.
- $400 for completing a post secondary program or receiving a certificate.
- *Incentives will only be paid after approval by the Department of Human Services.
In order to qualify for Families First/TANFBenefits, you must apply at Tennessee Department of Human Services to determine program eligibility.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture(USDA) and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Under the Food Stamp Act and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited also on the basis of religion or political beliefs.